I live in a beautiful little cottage on the Muskegon River in Michigan with my husband Bill. Picturesque gardens surrounding our cottage are a never ending inspiration for painting the flowers and birds I love. On a recent trip to Italy I gained even more insight for my work not only for the love of the country but also the windows, doors and interesting architecture there.
I have always had a love of the arts for as long as I can remember. With the help and encouragement of my many artist friends I have developed my own style of art. I like watercolor, oils and my favorite batik on kinwashi rice paper.
Batik is a lenghty process using wax as a resist on thin kinwashi rice paper. The art is first created as a watercolor. It is then inked onto the rice paper and then the painting, drying and waxing begins. The original watercolor is used as a map. Once the wax is applied to the rice paper the color is not longer visiable. When all is covered with wax, it is then ironed out and hopefuly a unique piece of art comes to life.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment